A blog all about my self-taught nail designs, stories, practice and how-to's. I've put this together as my portfolio of my work, my log of every design. I previously kept all my work on an album on my smart phone, it broke and I couldn't back it up and therefore lost 600 photos of nail designs I had done, I've never been so upset! So now they are on here, I'll never loose them and its out there to be enjoyed by others too.
Thursday, 30 January 2014
Texture Paint
I couldn't even add just one photo.. I mean, I love these. These are definitely my kind of colours and styles, a bit mix match, not quite complimentary, simple yet looks professional and when people see these they'll be just as wowed as me.
As in the top photo I used Maybelline New Yorks: Color Show Street Artist Top Coat for the incredible paint splash effect. I think they come in about five different colour varieties, I got the blue and black option, Blue Beats but there are two different pink varieties, a darker blue and a green option too. I definitely recommend this buy, at about £3.99 how can you not? Use it over any shade of varnish for a professional finish. I went for matching colours but you could easily put Blue Beats over pink for a wow effect.
As for my beads, can I just say... top coat them! Such a messy job putting them on but do it on a towel with a pre-folded piece of paper under you, apply glue and pour the colour you want over the top and touch up. At least that way you can save the remainders by pouring them back in their little pot. I have about ten different colour combo pots and after using this one I can't wait to know what designs I'll use the others for. These I'd recommend for people who love a bit of jazz. Nightmare to keep but look so good its worth it, Lets now just see how long they stay good for!
I used Barry M Mint Green base coat, its ridiculously thin, so I needed three good coats to get a solid colour, and with the number of top coats of Blue Beats I used, I'd probably go for a more thicker varnish next time around.
The beads kind of remind me of liquorice allsorts ... The blue bumpy ones? Might just be me....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment