Thursday, 30 January 2014

Emeralds, Jades and Mints or 'A bad choice'?

Greens are risky option, I've always felt it.

After buying one green in my favorite shop, I thought I had finally begun my collection-to-come of 50 shades of green ;) But looking back now, god that colour was terrible, it was repulsive, it just looked like toxic waste dumped on my hands and the worst part was I wore it proud! I went on to buy a few others over a month or two but never quite reached 50 shades hah!

So after it ran out and it headed to the bin I grew up and learnt what was pretty. I still actually do not have many greens in my collection, despite my 110+ colours and a dream to own every shade under the sun. I probably have a maximum of 5? 6 perhaps?. I was only reminded of this green colour after seeing it on a friend in college the other day, I actually cringed! She's quite partial to her nails too, but never does art, she likes plain nails, and they always look glossy, well cared for and pretty. Her green colour however, makes me heave.

So heres my debate: What is a good green?

I find it relatively difficult to do art on metallic or slightly glitzy colours because my matte art pens don't go well over shiny. So is there such thing as a nice matte green? Mints are a safe bet, but not true, bright leaf green! I want to know what people wear, what brands, what you think of greens, good buys, bad buys (because everyone needs advice on what to avoid,) just tell me everything because while my blog is for sharing my work, I want to think I can learn a few tricks too!

Thanks for reading, tell me what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment