Friday, 10 January 2014

A Piece Of My Mind

Perfection
Doesn't look like anything. Isn't based on anything. Inspired by nothing.

What is this? It's my idea of nail perfection. I wasn't thinking of what my design would turn out like when doing these. I simply chose my base, lilac. I let it dry and chose two top colours. I had the choice of foils, diamontes, stickers. I could have spent hours on intricate swirls, leaves and dots but I didn't have a clue what I wanted. Sometimes I think its better to go with what happens and see what you come up with.

Initially it started as two very short black stripes from the centre of my nail but, being a tweaker, I added, lengthened, curved slightly my black lines until I had this stark 'V' standing out.

I didn't like it because nothing joined the two colours. Then I got my white out. I lined the inside of the 'V' with a white 'V' and thickened it so it blended with the lilac. The colours melt together and despite their contrast, lilac, black and white, the design just suited my nails and was complimented for the rest of the week. Definitely a piece I will remaster and continue to wear in various colours.

Do you like my design? Would you have done it differently or gone for lesser bold colours? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment